This course provides hands-on training for Primavera client/server-based solution, leading participants through the entire project life cycle, from planning to execution. Topics include adding activities, assigning resources, and creating a baseline. Participants also gain a thorough background in the concepts of planning and scheduling. Detailed instruction on earned value analysis includes lessons on duration types and how to calculate percent complete. Students also will learn to leverage best practices to create a project using methodologies.
The Project Management module enables users to track and analyze performance. It is a multiuser, multi-project system with scheduling and resource control capabilities supporting multi-tiered project hierarchies, resource scheduling with a focus on roles and skills, recording of actual data, customizable views, and user-definable data.
Learning Objectives and Contents
- This course will help to teach practical project management skills-the skills needed in today’s dynamic environment to successfully define, plan and manage projects using Primavera Project Planner (P6).
- This course takes you through a step-by-step process for planning and managing projects of any size.
HOW TO LEARN:
- Define the framework by which team members will work together
- Develop the work breakdown structure (WBS) and assign ownership to each task
- Produce a schedule that can be managed by critical path and float
- Manage issues, changes and additional risks
- Conduct close-out reviews and communicate lessons learned